Thursday, February 20, 2014

In-N-Out double double mini sliders

Review by Lyndee:

My favorite burger in the world is a double double from In-N-Out burger.  Unfortunately, now that I live in Iowa again, there isn’t one within 15 hours of me. Sigh. Insert sad face here.  I’ve been craving one so bad I can almost taste it…almost.  So I decided to try a copycat recipe.  But let’s face it, no one really NEEDS a double double, fries and a shake.  Right? So last night I attempted a double double mini, or slider, if you will.  Here is the link to the original recipe I found.  And below is my version as healthy as I could make it.  Note, I don’t eat onions so I didn’t do mine animal style but you can find those directions in the link. 

Ingredients:
¼ cup mayo (I used fat free)
2 tbsp ketchup
2 tbsp sweet pickle relish
½ tsp white vinegar
¼ cup yellow mustard
4 slices of American cheese
1 pound ground beef (formed into eight 2 oz mini patties)
4 tea rolls (I used Hawaiian Sweet rolls)
Dill pickle slices

Mix the mayo, ketchup, relish and vinegar in a bowl; set aside.  Shape the beef into mini patties.  Cut the rolls in half and give a few squirts of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter spray, place butter side down into a nonstick skillet until lightly toasted.  Season the meat patties with salt and pepper.  Cook for 3 minutes.  Dip a basting brush into your mustard and spread on the uncooked side of each patty.  Then flip and top with ½ a slice of cheese.  Continue cooking about 2 more minutes.  Stack on your bun and add pickle.  Dip in your “spread” mixture (rather than slathering your burger in it) and enjoy!!


This tasted amazing! Very close to the real thing and I didn’t have to wait in the drive thru line or travel to the West coast to get it.  Yum! My mini burger was super filling. And you wouldn’t have to do a double double.  You could do just a small single patty as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment