Friday, February 21, 2014

Chili Lime Salmon

Review by Lyndee:

Most nights for dinner I have a salmon burger and sometimes, although I love them and the protein they provide, my tongue starts to get bored. Last night I tried this recipe for a chili lime salmon. I didn’t have a pound of fresh salmon on hand but I used it on my frozen salmon burger (thank you Costco) and it turned out really well. 

Ingredients:
1 lb. fresh salmon filet
2 limes
2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. salt Instructions


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Lay the salmon, scale side down in the baking dish. Squeeze the juice from one of the limes over the salmon. Season by sprinkling the chili powder and salt over the salmon. Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until salmon flakes easily with a fork. 4. Serve with remaining lime, cut into slices or wedges.  Or, you can do what I did.  Prepare the salmon as directed and then cook in a pan on the stove top for 3-4 minutes on each side.  It was a nice change of flavor and super easy to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment